Sunday, April 27, 2008

CreativFestival and Models, Lots of Models

I visited the CreativFestival, as usual, with my mom, sister and friend. It has been a tradition spring and fall for years, with my daughter and my sister's daughter occasionally accompanying, but not this year, for various reasons, including school for one and living in Calgary for the other!

That is where usual ended and stitching shop proprietor started. I met up with Joanne and Bill Gatenby of X's and Oh's for the first time in person. It was wonderful to say the least. True to form, Joanne made sure that I knew of others at the show who I should meet, including Laura at Enchanting Lair, so now I have some of her designs, fabrics and models in my car, soon to be in my m carrying her designs and will have models in the store; and, Northern Pines designs where I chatted there for a while and decided to contact again after the show, to get connected to carry their designs. I was able to get some books for the store, as well, so they are in the shop already.

I also met with Melinda at Sugar Maple Fabrics who generously drove out to the show to drop off a model of a Mirabilia Mermaid on her Ocean fabric in opalescent.

On Sunday, Martina and I visited the CreativFestival again to get stocked up in designs and models from X's and Oh's and the models from Enchanting Lair, so while they broke down their stands I filled up my bags. Once the models are in the shop I will take photos and post them.

No comments: