Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First Hedgehog Stitchery Class and Newsletter and the hedgehog formerly known as Hedgy

The very first Hedgehog Stitchery class took place on Saturday. It was appropriately a beginner stitching class and we all learned something. The students learned not just about taking the first stitch, but taking the steps needed before taking the first stitch. In many cases it wasn't the first stitch for the students, but rather about alternatives for knowledge already learned. For one student, this class was the first time she had stitches, so we all celebrated her first stitches.

I am finding that I want to share so much knowledge that I am not getting to the hands on fast enough and giving students enough time to practice. Of course anyone who takes a class can come in for folllowup instruction, but my preference would be to get through the basics and try each of the skills while in class, and still provide the follow up. So, in future classes I will time things more precisely! (I promise :) )

It was a busy week after the Grand Opening The news of Hedgehog Stitchery is spreading further afield. Thanks for spreading the word. And if you would like a newsletter, just drop me a line at newsletterAThedgehogstitcheryDOTcom. A new newsletter has been posted and a product special is on the HedgehogStitchery web site. Specials will be posted there with plans for a particular product on line of products to be featured each month.

Finally, Hedgy has a new name and new friends. She is Henrietta Hedgehog and is joined by Mrs. Tiggy Stitch and Prickles. Thanks to everyone who participated in the naming it was a lot of fun, with many excellent names, that were narrowed down by an experienced panel of judges (i.e. my fabulous friends, who have successfully name a lot of children)

1 comment:

Primitive Pursuits said...

Adorable hedgehogs. I recently made some ceramic hedgehog buttons and when I ran across your site I just had to comment.