Sunday, January 17, 2010

Making progress - stitching, spinning, knitting stash

It has been a somewhat productive week, making progress on some things that were set aside for a while.

First and foremost, this is what Hedgy looked like on Saturday morning,

....

and this is what she looked like at the end of the day.


She is coming along nicely I have asked my husband to make a box that I can put her on the lid of. Framing and cushions, the most common finishes, didn't seem right. A box seems perfect. I just have to give him the dimensions now.

Then, I will get back to the "brown beast", and I am looking forward to it. I have a renewed energy and enthusiasm for it, and feel like I a back in the rhythm of stitching.

Here are the results of plying my merino. Along side some wool my sister gave me in a batt a few years ago. I spun it last year, so this is the results of washing it. And, finally, alpaca that I was disrespectful of last year, but with the new whorls, it improved substantially. Spun last year, but washed this week.


Cleo couldn't get enough of it!



And, last but not least, the ruffle edge wrap from Vogue Winter 2006/2007). A customer came in with this wrap on in December and I loved the look. I had some yarn in my stash that I thought would work. On the way to that I found a different yarn and thought it was even better.

No comments: