Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Olympic Stitching and Sunday Morning bliss

This week has seen me prepare stitching project for one of Hedgehog Stitchery customers and get started stitching it (photos to follow next week). Instead of knitting for Ravelympics or Knitting Olympics I will be stitching. I hope to get finished or make a significant dent in the project. So far the lace on the skirt is stitched, the leaves on the lower third are stitched and the bottom rose was done during halfpipe snow boarding (It was spectacular and you just have to cheer for Shaun White).

Yes, I am an Olympic junkie and will be spending plenty of time on the couch watching.

I thought I would share Sunday morning Valentine's . Pretty blissful. Chocolates, Sudoku and Stitching (both cross stitching designs to plan and the stitching I just prepared. That is one fine Sunday morning.








Before the above Sunday morning stitching I finished the front stitching on a Victoria Sampler winter biscornu design (all except the hardanger). Call me a chicken, but cutting stitching threads is quite similar to steaking in knitting. Unbelievable to purposely cut threads, but the results are amazing. And, I imagine, it gets easier each time. I think I will practice on a trial piece first. This is a design I am working to get a jump on next year's ornament exchanges. I started the back as well and will revisit when the lady above is stitched. I am thinking of doing bullion poinsettias on the corners of the back. Perhaps more hardanger, perhaps not. And to finish it off beads (front and back and along the edge and a nice button for the middle. I'll show you more when it is finished.

Slouchy handwarmers to go with the Pebble entrelace scarf in Mille Colori. Started during the Handwarmers on Magic loop class . (Don't be fooled by the photograph, the colours really are the same as the scarf colours.)

And finally, a swatch (yes, a swatch, I know, shocking, not something you see often) for a cable rib pattern on a Kniterary customer Vest. More of that, in parallel with Lady stitching.

1 comment:

Geri said...

Don't worry about cutting the threads, Vickie. Just double check that the kloster block is perpendicular to the line you want to cut on. Take a deep breath - it will be fine. One trick Jo taught us is to have the scissors cut all 4 of the threads at once. So you put one tip in one spot and the other at the other spot 4 threads away and snip!

Good luck - tell me how it goes. Also, tease the threads loose - they're easier to pull out. And use tweezers if you need to.